Wednesday 19 January 2011

Laptop Thief (Caught on Camera)

I know many people personally who have lost gadgets such as mobile phones and laptops in public places, and it is simply amazing to see a heist in action. In this article from Yahoo! News Philippines, a thieving-ring is caught on the in-store camera executing a quick and flawless job. This happened in Oyster Boy, an eatery at Metrowalk, off Meralco Avenue, Ortigas City.

The video:


So please, be wary of placing your bags with valuables out of sight. Remember, "out of sight, out of mind" sometimes applies in cases such as this one. Personally, I like placing my wallet and mobile phone in a place where it is either on me (a tight pocket, like a shirt pocket) or an inch away from me on the table. As for bags, I always loop a strap around my ankle - which would have prevented this one immediately.

This has been a public service post from me, courtesy of Yahoo! News and YouTube user Teddypork.

No comments:

Post a Comment