Tuesday 17 April 2007

Youth Sunday

15th of April, 2007. One of the biggest and most important day of my life as a Christian for 5 years. I presided!!

I understand it's a HUGE responsibility. I have to make sure everything runs smoothly and there are no kinks in the program. Not only that, I was worship leader too (not singing though, just on the bass). It was nerve-wracking, but prayer helps a lot.

The Youth Sunday of Piasau Baptist Church was a first-time event. The whole service is to be conducted by the youth! Pr. Lim already thought of this since January, and he wanted one in March. Unfortunately, due to lack of preparation (partly my fault, I must admit), it was postponed to the 15th of April. It gave me a lot more time to think about what to do then.

First things first. The Youth Worship Team. I believe in selecting the best I possibly could. So I chose Lesty, Chelle, Ben, and Jass as the singers. I did not regret these choices at all! Ahaha.. As for my musicians, Leon on the drums, Sam on the 1st guitar, Eddie on the 2nd, and myself on the bass. It was a good selection, since as far as guitarists go, we don't have that many anyway.
Second: Songs. I decided to go with "One Way", "King of Majesty", "Consuming Fire", "Lord I Lift Your Name On High", "You Are My World", "Heart of Worship", and "Here I Am To Worship". It turned out to be quite alright, though we had a few transition problems on the day itself.
Third, it was an Open Sharing Sunday. This basically meant that for the duration of the customary sermon, anyone can come up and share. It was a fantastic turnout; 4 youths, 3 men, and 3 women, totalling 10 people sharing. Awesome. :)

Unfortunately, and I must mention it here, I do not have pictures to show for it. :(
Ask Nikki. *pokes Nikki* Guilty yet? :P

All in all, it was an awesome Sunday, for the youth and myself. I do hope it was too, for the congregation. We proved that we are capable of running one whole Sunday by ourselves, albeit with help from up above. :) And lots and lots of prayer of course. :) It was a fantastic experience for me, and the only way it happened was because our Youth are united as one, and we make one heck of a team.

Piasau Baptist Church Youth = 1337 Pwnage!!

Jay~

No comments:

Post a Comment