Friday 31 December 2010

So Long, 2010!

It's been a year of ups and downs, but I've been lucky to have way more ups than downs.

Thank you to all my friends, new and old, for having stuck with me and our friendship for yet another year. I can never express my gratitude to you guys. I know I met many of you in university, and then I just left (I graduated, okay, not expelled :P) but I am sure we will all still keep in contact, what with the many online-based social networking sites we're all using now. Haha.. Here's to another year of friendship!

Thank you to my parents, for the endless moral, emotional, and financial support this year. I'm a graduate from a good school, and I hope I've made you both very proud. This has been an awesome year; thanks for being a part of it.

Skittlez Crew! This year gave me my third Remix dance competition with you guys, and I am honored to have led you guys for two years. I'm so proud and honored to have won two championships dancing beside all of you, when just a couple of years ago, "I wasn't good enough" to be a 'proper' dancer. How things have changed, and how we've all grown! We were champions of 2008, and this year, thank you for the graduation gift of being champions of 2010. Through ups and downs, you have all proven yourselves to be a true family, in every sense of the word. I love you guys, more than words can say. You've been there for me on my first week in university, my final week as a student, my first day on the job, and so much more. ONE LOVE, through and through. Thank you for making my 2010 absolutely amazing.

I have to thank my alma mater as well, De La Salle University Manila, for the high-quality education I received from this wonderful institution. I didn't know at first why the hell I took up a liberal arts course here, when I was coming from a science background with my Cambridge A-Levels. It was a decision that made me fall in love with politics, political science, world and international systems, as well as society and culture in general. Thank you also for my very first job. I can never be grateful enough to our President (and my boss) Brother President Jun Erguiza FSC. You saw something in me, trusted me, and have become so much of a father-figure to me. It's truly difficult to leave Taft when one is taken care of so well by a great academic institution. Here's to our Centennial next year, La Salle! Animo :D

Last but not least, the icing on the cake, thank you PJ for being that special someone who is willing to be beside me through thick and thin, and I think we've gone through enough to justify my saying that :P You've been nothing short of awesome, and you're unbelievably cool and laid-back. I know I can be really uptight, but you've slowly made me a more fun and outgoing person. Oh, and you're just so gorgeous on top of it all! LOL. If my 2010 was already freakin' great, you made it perfect. I'm looking forward to many more New Year's with you :) You make me better, in more ways than you know. You're the absolute best.

Happy New Year, and let's all welcome 2011!
Another year, another chance to be a better person.

Life has been great, 2010; I'm sure it can only be better :)


Jay~

2 comments:

  1. Here's to more new years puggyone! <3
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks babygirl :) <3

    I love you too :)

    ReplyDelete