Thursday 9 December 2010

Pardo Golden Wedding Anniversary

Attended the Immaculate Conception of Mary private mass at the St. Marie Eugenie Chapel in Assumption College, San Lorenzo, Makati for the Office last night. It was the 50th wedding anniversary of former Cabinet Member Jose Pardo and his very humble and demure wife. He also happens to be a Lasallian, which would explain my Office's presence in the mass.

I also met former President Joseph Estrada for the first time. He cracks good jokes. I like him.

After the mass, we were brought to Hotel Celeste just outside of San Lorenzo Village, Makati, for a simple dinner. It was a simple 6-course French dinner, and I took some pictures of the food to blog on here. The red was also delicious, but of course, professionalism dictated I had no more than two glasses. I work for the religious Brothers, after all. I forgot to take a picture of the first one, the asparagus soup in a shot glass.

Squash soup

Steamed egg with vegetable sprouts

Roasted prawn in mashed potatoes and pesto paste

Red snapper on vegetable puree

Caramel pastry

Pretty good dinner, and even better company.

Congratulations on your Golden Wedding Anniversary, Secretary Pardo, and thank you for the delicious dinner.


Jay~

No comments:

Post a Comment