Friday 3 October 2008

In Congress, July 4, 1776

My love for history has taken a climactic point today. :)

I read and reread the American Declaration of Independence replica in our library's American Studies Resource Center.

The best thing about the ASRC is that I usually happen to be the only person there. Either that there are VERY few International Studies - American scholars in La Salle, or the ones who are, are much too lazy to appreciate the 80-square meters resource center packed with hundreds and hundreds of books catering to not only American affairs and history, but a little about everything too.

Anyway, back to the Declaration. I was simply mesmerized. Penned in 1776, it's a brilliant piece of document. :) I had shivers down my spine seeing several names there, such as Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock, Samuel Adams, and John Adams.

History. :) Wow.


Jay~

No comments:

Post a Comment