Monday 16 February 2009

Bargain Books

Where can one get two books for $5? (Or P200/RM13)
And not just any book. These two books have been on my list for a while now, and who cares if they are a little battered, when the pages are still fine. :)

Michael Crichton's Prey

Michael Crichton's Sphere

Got them at the 168 Shopping Mall (where they sell RIDICULOUSLY cheap items). Both books for 200 pesos, or a little under $5. :D
Jason is very happy.

P.S. I finished Sphere in slightly more than 6 hours. Wow. LOL.


Jay~

10 comments:

  1. that's a very good bargain! :D
    where in 168 did you find it? i'm interested in a different genre of books though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's at the upper-most floor. The average book costs between P80 to P120. It's ridiculous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. 'Sphere' is good, isn't it? Very wow.

    What did you think of 'Prey'?

    I just read Arthur C Clarke's 'Rendezvous with Rama'. It's good. I might do a review if I'm bothered XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sphere was the sort of novel that sent chills up my spine, for sheer psychological intensity. That means it's very good. Thanks for the recommendation!

    Prey is actually one of Crichton's weaker efforts in my honest opinion. It's not as well-structured as Sphere, nor is it as technically explained as Jurassic Park. Having said that, it's still worth a read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. I respect the man, but I must say I don't really like his recent works. They're all very well researched of course, they just lack that...something that made 'Sphere' so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally. Crichton's best works were in the 80s and 90s in my opinion. I mean, after writing Jurassic Park and Lost World, creating something to top that would have been an immense amount of work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know. 'Timeline' is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know. :) And you lent it to me. :D
    I rather like Jurassic Park and Sphere also. ;)

    ReplyDelete