Sunday 6 November 2011

Weekend Getaway

After what has turned out to be a very draining first ten months in the working world, a nice weekend break to my favorite place - Davao - was in order. Obviously, I cannot detail the trip here in its entirety but perhaps some pictures would help :)
I ran a race (Life Run 2010), joining in my usual 3k. I'm pretty fond of the 3k; the speed and competitiveness of the first kilometer is an adrenaline rush for me, and the mad dash at the last half a click gives a massive high for me later. I posted my best time so far in a run, at 13 minutes 55 seconds. I know it's not that fast (world record stands at a little over 7 minutes) but I am continuously improving :)


Julian, my Davao brother (blood couldn't make us any closer) also opened his mum's graduation gift for him. A massive 840W sound system. Holy crap LOL.
840W of sound muscle.
For Halloween, we spent it at Julian's uncle's place, which turned out to be the largest private residence I have ever been in. For comparison, the outdoors dining table where we had dinner on was a little less than the total length of my condo. WTF. I also had the opportunity (since it was Julian's graduation and all) to have had a couple of glasses of Cristal, definitely one of the most delicious drinks I've had. Also, a bottle of Cristal goes for something like $800. WTF Pt. 2.
Also known as the pimp of all champagne.
Spent the next couple of days with friends, and then a day with a Sister of the MIC (Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Conception) for the much needed spiritual R&R. I learned a lot about myself, and so much more about life and the challenges I have overcome and should expect.

Capped off my November Davao Retreat with an awesome Japanese dinner, but unfortunately, I was so famished I only managed to snap a picture of the appetizer.
Sashimi goodness.
All in all, one of the best retreats of my life, and needed so badly too.

Jay~

No comments:

Post a Comment