Thursday 7 April 2011

Tone Down; God Hears Y'all

First of all, I have NOTHING against bible study gatherings in residential areas; heck I used to lead youth groups just a few years back. A bible study gathering - complete with a few songs and yummy snacks - is one of the most enjoyable things I used to join.

However...

When in a RESIDENTIAL AREA with a population density of about a hundred households per street (this is sub-urban Manila after all) please, for the love of all that is worthy of worshiping, do not shout, scream, yell, or belt your heart out.

On a microphone, no less.

Windows closed. Door closed. Five storeys up.

I STILL HEAR YOU LOUD AND CLEAR!!

GRR.

"I will be still, and know You are God."
- The bible, on silent moments.


Jay~

2 comments:

  1. I know, right? I live in a suburban area, & we have household meetings here that lasts til midnight. And, you can't for the love of God ask them to tone it down cuz you'll just become the unsanctimonious bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* The sad part is that for some of these people, everything they do - no matter how inconvenient for others - is perfectly fine because, hey, it's all "for God" right?

    I'm sure any deity in the world would not condone inconveniencing the very people they'd want to follow their teachings.

    Oh well. I need earplugs.

    ReplyDelete