Sunday 9 January 2011

SCC Board Meeting - Cebu

I had my first out-of-town business trip ever yesterday. Destination: Cebu City, a place that I've been wanting to go to for the longest time.

Departure, around 0645 hrs.



Welcome to Cebu!

Maxwell Hotel room.

Had some downtime since we arrived at the hotel around 0930 hrs; slept off my allergy medicine until about 1120 hrs then went down for lunch. Lunch was really awesome, and I had a huge heaping slab of back ribs, while the boss opted for some traditional pork adobo.


Rested after lunch, then took a quick shower in the hotel room. Around 1430 hrs, we were picked up by Mr. M. Go, Board Member of the SCC Board of Trustees. I think he's got a really cool job; apart from being a college board of trustees member, he also owns a trucking company and banks. What a combination haha. We arrived at the Cebu City Sports Club, a private club in the middle of the metro. Then it was board meeting time!



Then we went around. Just passed by the SCC stand for the upcoming Sinulog Festival in Cebu, and the popular dried fish market, where I didn't take any pictures since we were busy picking dried fish to bring back. LOL.

Then at 1800 hrs, it was time to go back to the airport. The boss' flight was supposed to be at 1900 hrs, but the arrival of the airphilexpress plane one hour later than scheduled forced him to leave Cebu at 1945 hrs while my flight was supposedly at 2035 hrs. I was still having dinner around 2000 hrs when I heard my name on the P.A.! Apparently, we were leaving way ahead of schedule (I used Philippine Airlines). I was the last one in my plane. How embarrassing :(

Well anyway, back to the office tomorrow, and that means reports and paperwork on the trip but it's all good. The experience was great, and I sure could get used to these sort of trips :D


Jay~

2 comments: