Monday 14 September 2009

Season Ends

The 2009 cheering season of the Animo Squad competing team has officially ended. I must say that it was an awesome experience from beginning to end. So many life lessons learned, and so many obstacles gone over, and most were very much worth it. :)

Much thanks to the De La Salle University Manila Office of Sports Development and the university official sponsors Adidas, especially Bro. Bernie Oca, FSC, and Sir Edwin Reyes, for the incredible support and love you two have shown to our squad, and the countless advice and opinions to make us a better squad every year.

To the coaches, Sir Peter Alcedo, Jr., Coach LA Garcia, Coach Ajjie Mendelebar, and Coach Mycs Villoso, thanks for the skills and abilities you have all imparted on this still-learning dancer/cheerleader. Just a little over 2 years ago, when I was still a bass guitar addict, I would never have thought of learning and doing all the things all of you have taught.

Thanks to all family (especially Mum and Pops) and friends for the prayers and support. Never would have done the performance we did, if not for all of you. :)

Finally, thanks to my Gaylie for her love and understanding, even when I had not much time due to all the training and practices. :) <3

To my beloved Animo Squad, a lot of us will not be competing for La Salle anymore. Our captain and co-captain have worn the green and white for the last time, and I'm glad we gave them something to remember fondly. I probably will not join next year as well, as I am graduating in 3 terms. :( Thanks for the love and friendship, and most especially the sense of camaraderie that we all shared. We have given blood, sweat, and tears for our university and the Green and White community, and we can all truly call ourselves Lasallians. I love you all. All the best next season!

Congratulations to the winners of the 2009 CDC. :)
UP Pep Squad, you guys are my heroes. :D

Until next year, keep the faith, and ANIMO LA SALLE!!


Jay~

No comments:

Post a Comment